Hello from New Mexico!! I got the awesome opportunity this year to attend the KIM (Kidz in Motion) conference in New Mexico. This is the first national conference I’ve attended so I am like a kid in a candy shop. So, without further ado, here’s a quick post about some new products I learned about today:
RideSafer Travel Vest
The first booth I stopped at was for the RiderSafer Travel Vest. This wearable 5 point harness has been on the market for quite some time now, but they are releasing a new generation 3 model in the near future. Some of the new features:
- Will be available in several new colors.
- Added velcro on the pads that position the lap belt portion. This will keep kids from pulling them apart.
- Lengthened the fabric that attaches the lap belt pads to the vest allowing it to fit more comfortably on the child’s upper thighs/hips.
- Added a lighter weight metal clip that holds the shoulder belt in place to accommodate inflatable seat belts. They are also offering these clips to replace the heavier weight clips on the older models. Contact them to have some sent, if you’re interested.
- 2 versions – One with a tether, one without. The version with no tether is the perfect solution to those parents who don’t own a vehicle and travel primarily in taxis. The tether version will only be $5 more.
- RideSafer is working on a booster for the European market that will also be released to the American market once testing is passed. These boosters will be certified for use with the vest.
- Will also be offering an accessory for large vans/buses for tether use. Something similar to a d-ring.
- Are also working on an accessory to pass FAA approval for use on airplanes.
****Stayed tuned to the blog to read a full review of the current model RSTV in the near future***
Uppa Baby Mesa
This is a new infant seat by Uppa Baby, the makers of several top of the line strollers. This is their first try at a car seat and I believe they’ve done a great job with it. Available now, but in very limited supply due to the high demand for them.
Weight: 4-35 lbs
Height: Up to 32 inches
Lowest Harness slot: 4.5 inches
- No rethread harness: With a pull of a tab the headrest can be moved up or down which also moves the harness straps
- Available in 4 gorgeous colors
- Hideaway canopy with SPF 50+
- Smart Secure system helps to visualize when the seat is in tight enough
- Seat belt lock offs whenit’s needed
Another great infant seat that will be coming out soon. This seat has many new features to the market that make it stand out. A few include a stability leg (also found on the new Cybex Aton 2 infant seat – more to come tomorrow on that one), rigid latch, and an amazing sun shade. More pictures of the sun shade will be added tomorrow.
Weight: 4-32 lbs
Height: up to 32 inches
Lowest harness slot: 4.5 inches (without infant insert)
So that sums up day one for me. Look for some more awesome information tomorrow about the Cybex Aton 2, Snugli, Summer Infant Prodigy, and a few others. I will also update more pictures of the on this post as I get more, so keep your eyes on this post as well. Can’t wait for another awesome day with some great techs, reps, and instructors!
Originally written by Angela Tastad. Edits maintained by CSFTL.