A new baby means new choices. In many cases, new parents must quickly choose the right items for their babies, then learn to use them in a hurry. We know that car seats fall into this category — important, yet new and sometimes intimidating! That’s why we exist and why we’re so passionate about helping caregivers ensure that every family member rides safely on every ride.
We’ve put together a collection of our favorite articles about newborns and car seats, hoping that having all of them in one place will help you find the information you need.
Start your car seat journey with a visit to our Recommended Seats list.
Car Seat Safety Basics
- The Four Stages of Car Seat Safety
- Car Seat Basics Overview
- Car Seat & Vehicle Manuals
- Registering Your Car Seat
- Newborns and Car Seats
- What To Do If Your Baby Cries in Their Car Seat
- A Growing Family’s Guide to Car Seats
- You Bought a New Car Seat, Now What?
- Identifying a Counterfeit Car Seat
- Rear Facing Car Seat Myths Busted
- Why Rear Facing: The Science Junkie’s Guide
- Non-Approved Products for Car Seats
Car Seat Installation
- Using the Proper Belt Path
- Checking for Belt Path Movement
- Using a Pool Noodle or Rolled Towel for Recline
- Installing a Rear Facing Only Seat without the Base
Fit in the Car Seat
- Addressing Head Slump
- Proper Positioning of the Harness Straps
- Proper Chest Clip Placement
- How to Fix Uneven Harness Straps
- Testing Strap Tightness: The Pinch Test
- Keeping Warm in Cold Weather