Navigating car seat and booster seat safety as kids reach school age presents a variety of challenges including carpooling, drop off and pickup lines, and figuring out when your child is ready to move to the next type of car seat.
We’re trying to make that a bit easier for you by offering a collection of our articles about making these important safety transitions.
Continue your car seat journey with a visit to our Recommended Seats list.
Harnessed Car Seats vs Booster Seats or the Adult Seat Belt
- Forward Facing: The Hows and the Whys
- Harness or Booster: When to Make the Switch!
- Booster Seats: the Science Junkie’s Guide
- Booster Seat Myths
- Car Seat Basics: Boosters are for (Very) Big Kids
- The Five Step Test
Choosing the Right Seat
- A Growing Family’s Guide to Car Seats
- The Right Car Seat for your Forward Facing Child
- LATCHable Boosters
- Carpooling Options for Big Kids
- Boosters for Smaller Big Kids
Using the Seat: Harnessed Seats
- Top Tethers: A Crucial Piece Of Your Child’s Car Seat
- Tether Anchor Retrofitting
- Using the Proper Belt Path
- Checking for Belt Path Movement
- You Bought a New Car Seat, Now What?
- Proper Positioning of the Harness Straps
- Proper Chest Clip Placement
- Testing Strap Tightness: The Pinch Test
Using the Seat: Belt-Positioning Boosters
- Car Seat Basics: Proper Booster Seat Fit
- Booster Seat Basics: Adjusting your Child’s Booster Seat
- Buckle that Empty Booster Seat
- Booster seat shoulder belt positioning clip? What’s that?
- Booster Seat Basics – Guide to Shoulder Belt Guides
Car Seat Safety Basics
- School Bus Safety
- Tales from the School Drop Off Line
- Kindergartners and the Drop Off Line
- The Four Stages of Car Seat Safety
- Keeping Warm in Cold Weather
- Car Seat Basics Overview
- Car Seat & Vehicle Manuals
- Registering Your Car Seat
- Car Seat Basics: What Does that Label Really Mean?!