Affected Baby Trend Hybrid models:
- Baby Trend Hybrid 3-in-1 Combination Booster Seat – Desert Blue
- Model Number: FB49E14A 12/21
- Manufacture Date: Only December 06, 2021 (12/06/21)
You can still safely use this seat by following the manual’s instructions for seatbelt installation.
Owners should replace the LATCH assembly as soon as the replacement strap becomes available from Baby Trend.
If the webbing became frayed, which could reduce its strength, it may fail to restrain the seat if only installed using the lower anchor LATCH strap in the event of a vehicle crash posing a risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23C004000 (23C-004)
Manufacturer: Baby Trend, Inc.
Category: Child Seat
Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,600
Original Recall Date: 5/4/23
Baby Trend, Inc. (Baby Trend) is recalling certain Hybrid 3-in-1 Combination Booster Seat-Desert Blue child seats. The latch assembly webbing that secures the child restraint system to the lower anchorages may fray, which can reduce the strength of the webbing and fail to properly restrain a child in a crash. As such, these child seats fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard numbers 213, “Child Restraint Systems,” and 209, “Seat Belt Assemblies.”
A child seat that fails to restrain a child properly increases the risk of injury in a crash.
- Baby Trend, Inc. will mail owners a replacement latch assembly webbing and installation instructions, free of charge.
- Owner notification letters are expected to be sent on June 30, 2023.
- Owners may contact Baby Trend customer service at 1-800-328-7363.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.